Better Collective acquires RotoGrinders plans largest US sports betting affiliate
Better Collective has acquired 60% of RotoGrinders’ total shares for $21m, with a view to acquiring the remaining 40% between 2022 and 2024.
The Nashville-based network includes sports betting and daily fantasy sports (DFS) sites such as rotogrinders.com, sportshandle.com and usbets.com, aiming to become "the largest US sports betting affiliate."
In 2015, RotoGrinders forums included details of the DFS insider trading controversy involving DraftKings and FanDuel.
Affiliate Better Collective, which generated $16.6m in Q1 revenue, has cited RotoGrinders’ 2018 revenue of over $8m as proof of its strong position within the US online gaming market.
RotoGrinders revenue for 2019 is expected to exceed $10m.
Better Collective CEO Jesper Søgaard said: "We have assessed various acquisition opportunities, searching for access to strong products and dedicated people with insight into this market.
"We strongly believe we’ve found exactly that in RotoGrinders, where we see a strong and dedicated management team and talented employees."
Calvin Spears, RotoGrinders CEO and Co-Founder, said: "Joining the Better Collective group will help us fully realise the potential we've created with the RotoGrinders network.
"Our combined goal is to be the largest US sports betting affiliate and we're in a great position to make it happen."